The Department of Psychology started specialization in Psychology at U.G. level in the year 1998 and P.G. level in the year 2005. The Department has focused on various issues such as Spirituality and Mental Health, Interpersonal Relations, Gerontology, Emotional Intelligence, Authentic Parenting, Research Methodology, Authentic Happiness, Career Intelligence, Sports Psychology etc. The department has conducted various workshops, seminars and conferences to deal with these themes. Additionally students and staff of the department have excelled in academics throughout and presented research papers in various International, National and State level seminars and conferences. The Department is endowed with excellent infrastructure, well equipped laboratory and research centre with highly qualified and experienced faculty. Since the year 2017-18 Department has been conducting a certificate course in Military Psychology wherein young students are trained on the concepts and applications of Military Psychology. In the same year Department conducted International Seminar on Military Psychology: Concepts, Modern trends and Interventions for the welfare of Indian Armed Force.
1. UG – specialization in psychology (Entire Psychology) (Duration- 2 years)
2. PG- Specialization in psychology in the fields of clinical psychology, industrial psychology and counseling psychology (Duration- 2 Years)
3. Certificate course in Military Psychology (Duration- 3months)
1. Rd. Tanveer Hashmi selected for third round of AVISHKAR inter university research competition.
2. TYBA students won second prize at district level street play competition organized by Nashik Psychiatric Society
3. Dr. D. P. Pawar delivered a guest lecture at Karmaveer Shantarambapu Kondaji Wavre Arts, Science and Commerce college, Cidco, Nashik.
4. Dr. D.P.Pawar, completed five days workshop on “Statistical techniques for Research Methodology” at Indian Statistical Institute, Mumbai during 21 – 25 October 2019.
5. Dr. D.P.Pawar presented a paper on “Reservation policy in India: A Review”at two days national seminar on Revisiting Reservation policy in India: The Changing Basis and Perspectives at Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mimbai during 29-30 November 2019.
6. Dr. Pawar also attended a “One and half day conclave for Pre-litigation and Post litigation counsellors” organized by main mediation centre, Bombay High Court at Maharashtra Judicial Academy and Indian Mediation Centre and Training Institute, Uttan, Thane on 21 & 22 September 2019. He attended the conclave in the capacity of empanelled counsellor for pre-litigation centre, Nashik district Legal Services Authority, Nashik.
7. Dr. Pawar also attended 107th Indian Science Congress held at University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore from January 3 to 7, 2020.
8. Dr. Pawar presented a paper on “Self-control: A Master Strategy of Behaviour Management” held at B.Y.K. college of Commerce, Nashik on 28th August, 2019.
9. Dr. Pawar attended a state level seminar on “Stress and Emotion Management” organised by department of Psychology, S.S.S.M., Arts, Science & Commerce college, Saikheda, dist. Nashik during 26 – 27 December, 2019.
10. Ms. Priyadarshani Kulkarni Completed Ph. D. Course work at S.N.D.T. Women’s University from 14th Oct. to 19th Oct. 2019
11. Ms. Kulkarni Completed Ph. D. Course work at S.N.D.T. Women’s University from 14th Oct. to 19th Oct. 2019
12. Ms. Kulkarni attended National level conference on ‘Coastal Security’ at Mumbai University, Mumbai on 20th & 21st Dec. 2019
13. Ms. Kulkarni attended National level conference on ‘Modern trends in Psychology and Sport Psychology’ at S. P. College, Pune on 14th & 15th Feb. 2020
14. Miss Mugdha P. Joshi, faculty member of the department was invited as a judge for interschool elocution completion as a part of Kalavishkar Fest held at Vidya Prabodhini Prashala on 10th December 2019.
15. Miss Joshi was also invited as a resource person for a workshop on Public Speaking held at K.T.H.M. College on 8th January 2020.
16. She attended a state level seminar on Mind Management held at B. Y.K. College of commerce on 28th August 2019.
• Intake capacity of 48 students for M.A. Psychology.
• Students of Department have excelled in academics throughout and presented Research Papers in various State Level, National Level and International Level Seminars.
• Application oriented theoretical and practical training to prepare students to function as practicing psychologist and counselor.
• Student Counseling Cell
• Full time teaching faculty with Ph. D., NET, SET Qualifications.
• Well equipped lab with all important psychological tests.
• The Department runs a Certificate Course on Military Psychology
• Department has successfully organized twelve State Level seminars, Two National Level Seminars and One International Conference.
• The Department regularly organizes Guest Lectures by Experts from various realms of Psychology.
• Group Discussions and practical sessions on regular basis.
• Three P.G. students of the Department have been successful in Avishkar’- a university level research competition- in the academic years 2015-16, 2018-19 and 2019-20 at inter- collegiate and university level.
• Certificate programme on Military Psychology.
• Guest lecture on the occasion of world suicide prevention day (10th October).
• Guest lecture on Research Methodology by Dr. V. V. Raje.
• Study visit at Prayas Foundation.